Romantic Things to Do in Budapest
Budapest is a wonderful and romantic city with lot of things to see and to do. You can find some tips below on how to make your Budapest visit truly magical and filled with love.
Romantic & Historical Things to Do in Budapest
If you are into romantic and historical, we suggest visiting Budapest for its rich history and deep romance offering the following sights and things to do:
- Fisherman’s Bastion: enjoy the breathtaking Budapest panorama views from the top of Buda Castle Hill
- Buda Castle: stroll around the 16-19th century buildings and courts, many of the Castle District is free of charge to enter, or you can great discounts with a Budapest Card
- Historical thermal baths: on of the most romantic thermal palaces is Gellert Spa, while you are there why not walk up of the Gellert Hill to enjoy the panoramic view of the city
- Historical bridges: take a leisurely walk across the river Danube in Budapest, and find an excellent photo opportunity with your better half on the Chain Bridge or the Liberty Bridge
- Romantic Parks in Budapest: enjoy a romantic walk in Budapest with your better half in the City Park
- Discover the romantic attractions of the Margaret Island, such as the Music Fountain or the beautiful Japanese Garden
- History over the Danube: admire the riverside UNESCO World Heritage sites from a Dinner Cruise, or try some historical and traditional Hungarian wines on a Wine Cruise
- Budapest Market Halls: taste some traditional Hungarian drinks and food on a Guided Market Tour in one the 19th century historical market halls of Budapest
Romantic & Relaxing Things to Do in Budapest
Not so fond of an active holiday? Why not check out some relaxing and refreshing programs and things to do on your romantic Budapest visit:
- Gellert Spa – visit the Art Nouveau palace for a thermal relaxation with pampering massages (Swedish and Thai treatments), and with other wellness options
- Szechenyi Bath – a labyrinth of 15 indoor pools, and 3 star gazing thermal pools outside, including a whirlpool, a gym and other wellness services. Buy a glass of bubbly sparkling wine in the cafeteria, get a massage or hop in the beer tub.
- Bath Party – thermal disco with trip-hop, funk, electronic music and laser show, while relaxing in warm natural spring water. Wellness combined with clubbing and romance – unique in Budapest.
- Lazy Sightseeing on a romantic and relaxing Budapest dinner cruise, wine cruise, (craft) beer cruise or cocktail cruise
- Buda Hills Bus Tour – enjoy the sights of the romantic slopes of the historical Buda Hills, while relaxing in the warmth of the bus protecting you from the chilly winds of February in Budapest. The bus tour is guided.
- Take a romantic stroll along the Danube Promenade by the river and explore some great cafes and restaurants in the city center
Romantic & Fun Things to Do in Budapest
Some really unique, fun and romantic things to do while you are in Budapest with your beloved one.
- Ice skating in the City Park, by the Skating Palace
- Segway Tours: fun rolling in the city on the two-wheeler, get a guided tour and enjoy this fun vehicle in the city of Budapest
- Trabant Tour: get squeezed in a tiny ex-Communist car, nicknamed the soap case
- Aqua Park: water theme park outside Budapest
- Cocktail Cruise: enjoy an interested boat ride on the Danube with some refreshing cocktails in your hands
- Wine Cruise: taste some of the greatest Hungarian Wines & enjoy the beautiful riverside attractions
- Travel by Tram 2 by the River Danube to admire the scenic riverfront sights – public transportation is free with Budapest Card
Romantic & Cool Things to Do in Budapest
There are a lot of cool and romantic things in Budapest that are ideal for couples to do.
- Pub Crawl: discover the most awesome Ruin Bars of Budapest on a guided pub tour
- Booze Cruise: join the happy crowds on one of the cool boat parties in Budapest
- Bath Party: the largest pool party in Europe is in the historical Szechenyi Bath palace, dip in and enjoy the cool vibes
- Room Escape Games: use your Budapest Card discounts and book a cool room escape game to get out through solving wicked riddles
- Craft Beer cruise: taste some great Hungarian artisan beers and ales on board of a Danube cruise
Do let us know if you wish to learn more about romantic things to do in Budapest or if you think we have left out something – please leave us a comment.